As a new online business owner, you're probably wondering what it would take to bringing business in from the website that you've painstakingly designed and built. If you are anything like me when I first started out my website, you would have dug through thousands of websites looking for online marketing secrets....well, at least something that would bring you tons of traffic and truckloads of money within a couple of months. Weeks, if possible.
And you're probably frustrated by now that all those online marketing secrets that you've found were either too expensive or required extensive work. Suddenly, you've discovered that the easy internet promotion techniques that some people proclaim to work or swear by are nothing but wishy-washy stuff that they dreamed up one fine day, sitting under a palm tree. They're not at all the kind of online marketing secrets you thought it was and if they were to help you sell online, you'd have to be RICH FIRST or work yourself to the bone.
As far as I am concerned, they're all correct. They all have their own online marketing secrets to share with you. The only problem is....are the internet promotion techniques working for you? How do you put all of those internet promotion ideas into motion without crying buckets of tears every night?
I am not going to proclaim to know all the online marketing secrets there is to know. In fact, learning how to promote a website and grasping new internet marketing techniques is an ongoing process. Even as I am writing this, something else that I've not heard before is helping someone sell online.
The answer is this...there is no single marketing secret! There are about a million secrets out there! I have to share with you is this and I will place it all in point form so that it will be easy for you to digest. Hopefully, at the end of the article, you would be just that little bit clearer about how to sell your products or services online.
Here is a list of my online marketing secrets.
- I'll repeat this again....you know, just in case you didn't see how I BOLDED it up there. There is no ONE SINGLE SECRET. There are tons of secret techniques. Some work, some don't. Whether it is real or some wishy-washy hogwash material, you'll have to see who's writing it
- Test, test, test, test and test some more. Patience, when it comes to internet marketing is absolutely crucial. If you're expecting to make millions (like some people may have led you to believe), then you're in for a huge disappointment. Finding online marketing secrets that work involves a lot of testing.
- Socialize...a lot. Only by socializing with others, whether online or offline, would you be opening your door to business. Through online networking sites, parties, events, functions, or even family gatherings, socialize and let others in on your business.
- Write and link. This is one of my personal favorite 'online marketing secret' because writing comes naturally to me, so, I have an advantage over you if you're the kind who struggles to string a sentence together. If that is a problem for you, hire someone to do it for you.
- Keep your mind open to new ideas....and then adopt them. Unlike other brick and mortar businesses where one marketing technique works for decades, with internet marketing, it's no secret that things can change in mere weeks.
There is more but I would end up writing a book if I write all of them down but these are the few essential things that I think are extremely important for an online business owner.
So, stop looking around for THE online marketing secret. Learn to absorb, conglomerate, learn, adopt, learn, make mistakes and be patient. In fact, if you're willing, you might discover your very own secret! Who knows....
By : Marsha Maung
Marsha Maung is a Malaysian-based freelance writer with two kids. She spends her time ferrying her kids around, watering her plants, writing web content, SEO stuff, ghostwriting books and also indulges in the occasional Facebook-ing. Visit her blog for more dirty details on the life and times of a mother, writer, designer, housekeeper, coffee-maker, poop-wiper, chef...and just about everything else under the sun.